Monday, May 20, 2013

Council Bluffs Sub - Let's Get Going

Tonight I started a very simple mock up of my new Council Bluffs Sub track plan.  I have the backdrop on one of the two tables and hope to begin laying out track lines soon.  Having an actual table to look at is much different than looking at a track plan on a piece of paper.

I know it isn't much to look at, but here is layout section #1 with the elevator located at the back left, meat processing and cold storage on the right, lumber transfer and wholesale, and warehouse in the front.  16' total length is going to give me a lot of real estate to work with, and I'm excited to get started.  The elevator will be the prominent industry on this section at about 4 feet in total length.

Both tables need a few inches trimmed off the front edge, and then I'll add a thin fascia.  The recess below the surface is for hand operated switch levers.






1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great start. This is the bit I love, the sorting of the track plan and work everything you want into the layout and where is needs to go.

    Look forward to seeing how you progress.

    ReplyDelete