Saturday, May 5, 2012

Added an AGPX Grain Hopper to my Weathered Fleet

I have a decent collection of grain hoppers that I picked up over the years, especially when Intermountain began releasing models with etched walkways and MicroTrains trucks and couplers.  I chose an AGP model as a weathering victim, and I think it turned out quite nice.  This is a green car, so I used a combination of my white fade and raw sienna fade to achieve the fading step.  Next I went straight to brushing on burnt umber oil paint.  Lastly, I added some graffiti and safety striping.  The trucks received a coat of Polly S rust + grimy black with an airbrush, and then a light dusting of rust colored chalk, sealed with dullcoat.  Wheelsets are Fox Valley Models.  I added a "before" shot below for comparison.





No comments:

Post a Comment