Saturday, October 19, 2013

Harvest 2013

It seems that I have had a flood of emails recently, and the timing is crazy as I am in the middle of harvest, trying to put in a reasonable effort at the day job, coaching kids sports, and hoping that my key still works when I get home late at night from the field, as I am sure the wife is about ready to find a replacement husband at any moment.

It's interesting how a hobby can sometimes weave itself into other interests and lifelong experiences without me being completely aware.  I've been around trucks and farm equipment my whole life, but it wasn't until my recent 3d printing initiative (addiction) that I started to really appreciate trucks and give them a closer look.

I took a quick photo the other night before the sun went down of our Case IH 2577 combine next to our IH Transtar II straight truck.  The wooden box used to be on a Mack "B" which is the truck I learned to drive when I could reach the pedals.  We also have a Mack "R" with a metal box, that we use to haul out of the field to the bins.  For elevator trips we have an IH conventional and a 43' Wilson grain trailer.  I'll try to get some photos during harvest that I can share.  




We also have an IH 1566 tractor with a 650 bushel grain cart which you can see in the distance.  My goal someday is to make more 3d farm models.  If I could only lock myself in a room for a week and design....





No comments:

Post a Comment