Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jul/Aug 2012 N Scale Railroading Arrived

I received my contributor copy of the Jul/Aug 2012 NSR in the mail the other day.  Part 5 of the Marias Pass series covers hard shell scenery.  Unless something changes, there will be 11 total parts to this series.  As I reflect on the Marias Pass layout and the work involved to write content and select appropriate photos and captions for the articles, it is really enjoyable watching the whole thing come to fruition when I go to my mailbox every other month.  Being a contributor is a lot of work, but very fulfilling as a modeler.  It also represents a large percentage of the small fortune that I have spent on my hobby over the past few years.  N Scale Railroading has been very good to me, and I will be a loyal contributor and subscriber for years to come.  I would encourage anyone that has a passion for the hobby, some decent writing skills, and a fairly new digital camera to capture some work and share it with the magazine and other N scale enthusiasts.  Or, simply being a subscriber is worthwhile enough.

Having my material represented alongside Mike Danneman's work in the past few issues has been a privilege.  Of course the other contributors do some amazing work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment