Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My N Scale Work Space

What does the working space of an N Scale Addict look like?  For me, it's rather simple and unexciting.  I have a shared space in my garage for my hobby as well as all of my other "man" stuff, which is mainly tools.  It works well since I don't have to worry about spilling paint, making a mess, or using chemicals since I can open the garage door.  It does get uncomfortable in the summer and winter, but I have the ability to move some projects inside as needed.  My air compressor sits under the bench and is a convenient source for my airbrush.  I have a few sheets of poster board next to my working space where I take many of my "object" photos in front of the white background.  I like to print pictures of rollingstock and use them as reference material for my weathering projects.  I simply tack them up in front of my working space.  You can see photos of the grey NS boxcar and RTTX flatcar that I have been working on recently.  As you can tell, I have a lot of projects stacking up, and that is only a small number of the items overall.  All of my other layout building supplies and tools are on shelves on a different wall.  I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy.

Some day I may have a nicer, dedicated studio for my hobby, but for now it works, and I won't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment