Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How Much Wood Could a Woodchuck Chuck?

I know the title is cheesy, but I'm running out of material.  I am toying with the idea of creating a lumber yard or re-load facility perhaps on a small diorama.  I have created some variations of my lumber loads in various sizes to replicate a 4 tier stack of scale 8', 12', 16', and 20' dimensional lumber.  Here are a few photos of some samples taken tonight on the kitchen counter.  There's really no limit to what size and configuration I can make with these.




3 comments:

  1. FYI: Check out Channel Lumber on Cutting Blvd Richmond, California.

    They are served by the Richmond Pacific whose spur track runs along Cutting Blvd and stubs out in the Channel Lumber lot. They usually get one loaded centerbeam but I have seen them fit two centerbeams inside the gate and occasionally they get a boxcar load.

    Can't post links in the comment box but if you google Channel Lumber and go to the maps view you get some great satelite shots as well as 45 degree aerial views.

    Cheers,
    Steven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steven, thanks for the info. I studied the location a while and it's giving me some great ideas. It shouldn't be too hard to put something together. I love the ground perspective shots that Google provides. The internet is a great resource.

      Delete
  2. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete