I would like to feature my 3d printed trucks on this layout, as well as the lumber loads that I created a few years back. That gives me at least a start to my list of industries.
The current short list includes:
- grain elevator with truck scale and unloading building for my 43' and 50' Wilson grain trailers and straight trucks
- lumber centerbeam transloading area or simple truss building shop requiring lumber delivery
- meat packing with loads of cattle being delivered in my Wilson cattle pots, and then cold storage and outbound beef in 64' reefer cars as well as truck/trailer reefer rigs.
- small intermodal facility to feature trucks and utilize a pair of piggy packer loaders that I own.
- other industries that I haven't decided on yet.
I like the idea of a major highway overpass stretching through the center of the layout. I haul grain to an elevator in Council Bluffs that is right next to and under interstate I-80 which gave me the idea. This would be a focal point for truck traffic as well as a natural view block to separate the layout into two sides.
I'll give these ideas some time to sink in and just maybe I'll be inspired to get the woodworking tools dirty again. Let me know what you think.