Saturday, October 27, 2012

Canadian National Big Ugly - Ready for Service

It has been a very long time since I posted something worthwhile on the topic of weathering.  After a few months of distractions, I have been able to focus on some model railroading.  The past couple of evenings I completed a few weathering projects that were started months ago, and have been sitting on my workbench.  

Here is a Bluford Shops 86' boxcar in Canadian National colors.  I took the weathering a bit farther than I had originally intended, but I like the way it turned out.  Much better than the out-of-the-box baby blue paint.





Here are a couple photos that I posted a few months ago, after the fade coat, some graffiti decals, and the initial burnt umber oil on the sides of the car.



Here is a Grand Trunk version of an 86' box that I found in Ft. Worth, Texas earlier this year.  I wasn't necessarily using this particular photo as my guide for the N scale CNA, but it provided some prototype inspiration.  This is a 4 door model, and a different builder than the Bluford Shops version.



No comments:

Post a Comment