Here it is, the first of many centerbeam weathering projects that I hope to complete. This was a challenging piece of rollingstock due to the various surfaces that required a lot of time and attention to detail. I started with a fade coat of my raw umber tint, and then spent a couple hours adding the rust with a small brush and oils. A make-up sponge came in handy to smudge and blend the oil on the larger surfaces. I added reflector stripes and a final coat of dullcoat to seal things off.
Here's the centerbeam with a partial load of Sierra Pacific lumber. I made these bundles earlier this year to be used in a loading/unloading scene on a future layout or diorama perhaps. I think they look quite nice.