Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pete 387 - Fresh from the Paint Shop

I have my first Peterbilt 387 in full paint.  Overall I am very happy with how it turned out.  It takes a steady hand and a very small paint brush for the detailed work.  It still needs an exhaust stack behind the sleeper, and I will probably add some mudflaps when I have time.  Mirrors on this model would probably be a fairly easy addition, as they are a single lower arm, and a large aerodynamic housing for the mirror.  The extra bulk would make it easier to replicate this in N scale versus a conventional mirror frame which tends to get a bit chunky on N scale models.  There are plenty of N scale trucks that don't have mirrors such as the Kato Volvo, so I guess I will personally consider this an option.  I would rather spend the time painting the rest of my unfinished models at this point.








3 comments:

  1. Hi, I think your models look great. There definitely is a lack of modern N scale vehicles, and yours are pretty cool. Looking at Shapeways right now, to maybe add a few to my future layout.
    Kudos on a job very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice model. A friend of mine has been building N Scale truck cabs out of brass. He is using Wheels of Time wheels under his tractor units and trailers and they look fantastic, maybe worth considering!
    Unfortunately my RR is based in 1986 so a bit too modern for me.
    Keep up the good work.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete