Thursday, June 6, 2013

3D Printed Models for the Woman in All of Us

I never intended to design my N scale trucks this way, but since the frame, cab, wheels, and other details are all printed separately, I found an unintentional benefit of being able to swap cabs on similar truck models.  I discovered this after I test fit a finished Pete cab onto its frame, and decided not to glue it on immediately.  Of course it doesn't work across different truck brands, but I see some big opportunities here.  Some ideas I have are: holiday themed cabs, seasonal colored cabs, cab color of the month, "mood ring" cabs, glow in the dark cabs, and the list could go on and on.

Of course I am only kidding, but just like my wife has boxes and boxes of shoes and only 2 feet, I think a few different cabs for my trucks is certainly warranted.

In case you missed it, I have a couple new videos on YouTube.


No comments:

Post a Comment