Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Orange Crush - First Kenworth T800 Out of The Paint Shop

Now that I don't have a BNSF themed layout any longer, I plan to thin some of my collection of locomotives and rolling stock, as well as use up some of the other items I had from the Marias Pass layout.  Although a bit obnoxious, I decided to paint one of my 379 Pete cabs and my first Kenworth T800 cab with Polly S BNSF Heritage Orange.  I think they turned out nicely.

I'm starting to get a nice fleet of grain hauling rigs together now.  I still have plenty of unfinished models waiting, so the paint booth will stay busy for quite some time.  I only have the Kenworth in a straight truck version for now, but will also make a tractor like I did with the Pete.  I hope to have sleepers, grill guards, and headache racks too.  I'll get around to those someday....



1 comment: