Saturday, November 26, 2011

Inspiration from Mike Danneman

I had the pleasure of using some prototype photos from Mike Danneman in my recent Marias Pass Introduction article in the latest NSR.  The latest Model Railroader magazine featured his N scale Rio Grande model railroad which is truly a work of art. 

I was fortunate enough to see Mike's 5'x7' model railroad in person at N Scale Supply in Denver, CO about 10 years ago.  A few years later I was even more fortunate to be able to visit the model railroad on a frequent basis as a fellow N scaler as well as local friend of mine acquired it.  I can honestly say that this model railroad has been an inspiration to me as well as many other modelers of all scales in our hobby.
Here are a few photos of Mike's 5'x7' model railroad that I shot a couple years ago.  My son was only 5 years old at the time, and had the best seat in the house.  It was made for model railroad photography.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, those scenes seem to go on forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, I wanted to know if there is a trackplan n scale for this layout?
    I would like to draw inspiration from this layout.
    This layout is beautiful
    thank you

    ReplyDelete