Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Couple New 3D Printed Models - 3 Axle Livestock & 53' Drop Deck Trailers

Not a significant update tonight, but still something worth sharing.  I dusted off my 53' Wilson livestock trailer files the other night and in about 30 minutes I had a triple axle version to go with my spread axle model.  Not sure why it took me so long to make the small tweak, but now it's done.  I have a few on the way from Shapeways.

My newest model that I just finished today is a 53' Fontaine Infinity drop deck trailer.  This is a combo steel/aluminum model that I see a lot on the highway.  The prototype model below is a shorter version, so mine has a longer tail.  This will compliment my all aluminum MAC flatbed nicely.  I also designed a new 22.5" aluminum wheel with lo-pro tires for this one.  I'll get a couple ordered soon and make them available in my shop once I validate that my design prints successfully.









2 comments:

  1. I have read so much about small trailers as they are good for the farming purposes. But i can bet you that large trailers are also good in fact better than smaller so we must visit at least once to judge the theory whether it is right or wrong. Go the site and get the best trailers. http://fairwesttrailers.com/trailers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this blog with us. I want to know more about axle scales.

    axle scales

    ReplyDelete