Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tis the Season for Sharing

I received 3 packages from Shapeways last night, and I keep telling my wife they are Christmas presents for her.  Boy will she be in for a surprise.  :)  I have yet to closely examine all of the individual pieces, but at first glance, there appears to be no issues with any of them.  30 separate orders, and a multiple of that in actual individual parts, I would say that is impressive.  I don't have a lot to compare to since there are really no competitors in this space with what Shapeways does, but the quality of their printing is exceptional.  I can see a clear evolution even in the year that I have doing this 3d printing stuff.  Of course I do hope it continues to improve, so the models are more consistent.

Needless to say, I have some work ahead of me.  Most of these models I plan to make available on ebay, and through other channels.


These bags are just headache racks and herd bumpers.  I think there are 120 total.  I have intended to make these available through my Shapeways shop, however, they are a bit pricey when printing only a few.  I get these printed in larger batches to make it more cost effective. 


Here's the Kenworth W900L.  It's hard to see in this photo, but gives you an idea of the raw print result.  I am anxious to start working on a pair of these.


Lastly, I have been meaning to share some photos that others have sent me of their own N Scale Addict designs.  I thought I would share a few here.  My goal is to find an online album where people can share their work.  More to come on that.  It is very inspiring to see these designs becoming legitimate N scale truck and trailer models.  Please keep sharing!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment